Thursday 20 May 2010

Designing!!





I've also started designing taking inspiration from prison culture an the effect it had, one of my ideas is using recycled denim, the idea behind is that the idea of prisoners re offending and coming in an out of prison, it's almost like recycling doing it over an over again and wondering if they are every going to make a change in there life. Also I was inspired by a film called 'the boy in striped pyjamies' this one scene in the film at the end where all the uniform is hanging from the cloakroom and its all dirty and worn out.

I started trying out diiferent ways I could piece up the denim together and, at first I started doing it with stripes, I asked everyone there opinion an they didn't thinkin it was effective enough so I decided to do it on smaller parts taking key elements like the pockets and stitching out.

No comments:

Post a Comment