Monday 10 May 2010

Speaking of young people...


On my last post I mentioned talking about people in prison, and how people tend to start crime at a young age, which them onto a downward path spiral. I did futher research into it, I also came across an arguement, which questioned if a child was born evil?
I don't think a child is ever born evil, children that commit crimes come from a simular background. Their parents where poorly educated, unemployed or suffer from mental health problems or drug users. Also the family structure over the years has broken down, and most of there parents are either single or divorced. An also a lack of good role models, espically young men, has they have no father around, they usually turn to another male role model, or alot of young men look up to hip hop stars, who rap about sex, drugs , and voilence. Alot these young criminals grow up without boundries and no structure, I also looked at gangs a lot of young people turn to gangs an in a way see it as a family and also a sense identity and pressure to fit in.
I also came across a TV programme 'Ross Kemp on Gangs', I thought it was interesting to watch. It baffles in a sense because I think to myself the lifestyle they lead is dangerous and they could die any time soon. So why would they want to join a gang knowing that its dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment