Sunday 16 May 2010

Behind barz

I started looking to look more into prison culture, when I ask my pen pals about it its like entering a completely different world. It surprises me that they have survived this long with the prison politics. It just that I got an e-mail from Robert today, he said he he's got is e-mail mins cut off an i won't get an e-mail from him till July. But he says we can still keep contact using the 'snail mail' as he puts it lool, I think he's been in trouble again it's not the first or the last either.
He started to tell about the different gangs within the prison system, the main ones are:
Black Guerilla Family
La Nuestra Familia
La Eme
Aryan Brotherhood

He says that the gangs are divided up by race, an they don't mix. They are hostile towards each other, an for they survival they must demonstrate loyalties to racial gangs. Even though my pen pal Robert is white hes a member of a black gang, he's the only white who functions with the blacks. An because of that he's hated by alot of the whites. The main races within prison systems in America is Hispanic, black and white.
I found this clip talking about racial tensions within prisons.



No comments:

Post a Comment